Psychological and/or psychiatric disorders cause a significant change in the family, promoting the need for a reorganization of tasks and roles, as well as the discovery of new balances between its internal elements.
Often, anxiety, aggression and tiredness take over the household. The family plays a central role in protecting and supporting the patient, thus it is of utmost importance that it is involved in the healing process. The family can strengthen and encourage the sick relative towards the accomplishment of the therapeutic process. For this purpose, Dorial provides a psychotherapist who privileges the family support,aiming their rebalancing. This technician will also serve as a link between the family and the clinic.
After the treatment at the Dorial clinic, whenever needed, our patients are assisted by our therapists in a follow-up program. A psychotherapeutic and psychiatric assistance is provided in order to maintain and optimize the gains over the initial treatment at our clinic.Therefore, a personalized support will be given in order to facilitate the ongoing of the social, educational and vocational rehabilitation.
We also promote the maintenance of their interpersonal relationships and functional strategies in order to solve the problems related to everyday activities. These follow-up sessions prevent relapse situations through early detection of signs of a possible crisis. The frequency of these sessions depends and varies from case to case.
Institutions who we work with
- Escola Secundária da Mealhada
- Escola Secundária de Anadia
- Escola Secundária Avelar Brotero – Coimbra
- Escola Profissional Vasconcelos Lebre
- Associação Recreativa Coimbra Artística (ARCA)
- Instituto Superior Miguel Torga (ISMT)
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Coimbra (ISEC)
- Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra (ESEC)
- Instituto Superior de Contabilidade e Administração de Coimbra (ISCAC)
- Universidade de Coimbra